Let Us Not Be Moved!
Be Ye Steadfast Unmovable Sermon – Let Us Not Be Moved!
By Kevin Cauley
Be Ye Steadfast Unmovable Sermon – Sermon outline on the Christian duty to be steadfast and immovable. We are exhorted, “Let us not be moved!” So many fall away from the faith and need to be encouraged in that others, even those in the persecution that the early church endured, persevered and remained faithful.
PROPOSITION: In this sermon we will look at the necessity for us not to be moved away from the hope of the gospel. We should not be moved because 1) God is immovable, 2) The Lord, Jesus, is immovable, 3) The gospel is immovable, 4) The kingdom is immovable, and 5) The souls of men depend upon our being immovable.
OBJECTIVES: Each Christian should be able to demonstrate from the scriptures the need to be immovable in the faith.
AIM: I want to exhort everyone present to hold fast to the gospel that they received.
INTRODUCTION: [ Beginning of this be ye steadfast unmovable sermon. ]
1. Read: Col. 1:23
2. About the Text:
1) Paul is writing the epistle to the Colossians to combat the false teaching of Gnosticism.
2) This teaching denied the humanity of Christ.
3) As a result, the gospel was being changed to fit this false doctrine.
4) Paul exhorts the Christians…
a. To continue in the faith.
b. To be grounded and settled.
c. To not be moved away from the hope of the gospel.
DISCUSSION: [ Discussion of this be ye steadfast unmovable sermon. ]
I. BECAUSE WE HAVE AN IMMOVABLE GOD.
1. Malachi 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I change not…”
2. Numbers 23:19
3. Psalm 102:25
II. BECAUSE WE HAVE AN UNMOVABLE LORD.
1. Hebrews 13:8-9a
2. Revelation 1:8
3. Hebrews 7:24-25
III. BECAUSE WE HAVE AN IMMOVABLE GOSPEL.
1. Galatians 1:6-9
2. 2 Corinthians 1:19-20
3. Matthew 24:35 “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
IV. BECAUSE WE HAVE AN UNMOVABLE KINGDOM.
1. Daniel 2:44
2. Luke 1:33
3. Hebrews 12:27
V. BECAUSE THE SOULS OF MEN DEPEND UPON US BEING UNMOVABLE.
1. Hebrews 3:5-6
2. Col. 2:6-7
3. 1 Corinthians 15:58
VI. HOW DO WE STAY UNMOVABLE?
- We must be students of the Word!
- Prayer – we need the help of our Father in Heaven
- We need the help of our brothers & sisters in Christ
- Bringing others to Christ – this is the work that God has given for us to do and it will help to give a sense of purpose in our lives
- This will help to strengthen our faith day by day
CONCLUSION: [ Ending of this be ye steadfast unmovable sermon ]
1. Let us not be moved because…
1) We have an unmovable God.
2) We have an unmovable Lord.
3) We have an unmovable gospel.
4) We have an unmovable kingdom.
5) The souls of men depend upon US being unmovable.
6) We know how to stay unmovable.
2. Prayer ---- Invitation